- 4 pcs Onions
- 300 g vegan Sour-creme
- 200 g Smoked Tofu
- 300 g Vegan Cheese
- Smoked Salt
- Black pepper
- Parsley (not required...)
- Start with the dough, as it takes the most time to prepare. For that, add all ingredients (flour, water, salt, yeast) for the dough into a kitchen aid machine and let it mix it for 25 minutes at low speed.
- Bring the bowl to a warm place (e.g. the technical room), cover it with a wet line towel and let it rest there for 2 hours, better 4-5 hours (or if you are in a hurry for less, but at least 60 minutes)
- Peel the onions and cut it in slim slices, and sweat the onion.
- Add the smoked tofu (or whatever similar is available, minced soya works as well, then just add more smoked salt)
- Taste the mixture with smoked salt until it clearly has some smoky taste.
- Roll the dough with a bit of flour onto a baking tray (either a large rectangle or then two/three round ones)
- Spread the vegan sour-creme on the dough (a bit more than tomato sauce of a pizza). Depending on the type of sour-creme you might need more, as some of them get too liquit and they sink into the dough.
- Then add the onion/tofu mix from the pan over the sour-creme
- Cover everything with some vegan cheese. If you do not have vegan cheese, you could also use the same cover that I describe in the lasagna, but I would leave there all the herb away)
- Place it into the oven for 20-25 minutes at 200 degrees (This obviously varies also with the type of cheese and the sour-creme)
- After baking you can give some parsley over the Zwiebelkuchen.
Share this Recipe